Each field that you add to your form has a logic section, which controls the conditions that show or hide the field on the form.
Follow these steps to add show/hide logic conditions to fields and sections:
- Hover over the field or section you wish to add a logic condition to.
- Click on the button in the top right that looks like two arrows pointing up/down and left/right.
- Select the field or section that you wish to add logic to
- In the options panel for that field or section, click the Logic button.
- Use the options to choose your logic conditions.
- You can choose whether you want a field to show or hide if any or all of the conditions are true. Select Any or All next to “of the following rules match.”
- Use the Add Logic button to add multiple logic statements.
If you want the same logic to apply to multiple fields, you can duplicate a field and the logic will carry over to its duplicate. For instance, if you want to show the Fee, Quantity, and Cost fields only if a specific product is chosen, create one fee field with that logic included, duplicate it, and rename the duplicated field.
You duplicate a field by hovering over it until you see three icons appear. The one that looks like two pages duplicates the document.
Note: Logic can only be added to forms while in the Formstack editor. This cannot be accomplished from within Octiv.
Did this article help?
Please provide us your feedback below.