Integrate DocuSign into your Octiv account, and you give your clients the ease of a full-featured e-signature platform. DocuSign makes your Octiv-generated PDF immediately signable. You can also annotate content within Octiv by using variables to direct signatures and initials. As soon as your client confirms a signature in your document, you receive an email from Octiv notifying you of the acceptance.
Connecting this Integration
You need to first contact your Octiv account manager to enable this integration. After DocuSign has been activated for your account, a system administrator can follow these steps to enable the integration:
- From your Account Settings view, click Integrations and choose DocuSign.
- Enter your DocuSign Username and Password.
- Click Show Accounts.
- Select the account you wish to integrate with Octiv.
- Click the blue Connect button.
Note: Your DocuSign Administrator MUST perform the connection with your DocuSign account (if a standard user connects the integration, DocuSign will only recognize the integration user as someone who is creating envelopes inside of DocuSign).
Connecting DocuSign to your Octiv account means you get the following features:
- Octiv automatically places a signature block at the end of your document.
- You may use variables to annotate where in your document you want signature boxes, initial boxes, and so on.
- You can generate a PDF of the document sent to DocuSign, as well as e-signable Attachments.
- You receive email notifications when your document is viewed and signed.
- Your clients can fill out forms with DocuSign.
- DocuSign can recognize fields in your Fillable Form PDFs to enable your client to fill out that information.
- SOBO (Send on Behalf of)Octiv’s DocuSign integration also uses DocuSign’s SOBO feature, which improves record accuracy by automatically setting Octiv document owners as owners of the corresponding DocuSign envelopes. To set this up, you’ll need to:
- Check on the “Send on Behalf of” checkbox in Octiv’s DocuSign integration screen
- Make sure a user’s email address is the same in Octiv and in DocuSign
- Set Custom Fields used in documents to “Shared” so anyone sending documents can use the fields setup by another user.
- You can include the Certificate of Completion with the signed PDF, which attaches extra information about the signer to the signed PDF.
Using Octiv’s DocuSign integration
Follow these steps to use DocuSign in an Octiv document:
- Select your document.
- Click the Properties tab.
- From the Properties menu, click DocuSign.
- When your document is in its final form, click the Publish Now button. Note: You have the ability to create a DocuSign envelope under the Next Steps tab, it is also automatically created when the document is sent through Octiv.
- Click the People tab.
- Enter recipients and assign signers. If you like, you can set an order of acceptance for your signers.*
- Click Send to email the document from Octiv.
- More sophisticated contract-negotiation processes generally involve more parties, and each person has a special role. When you’re dealing with a main contact who must pass the contract to others in the organization for signing, sales reps can send a document to their main contact and enable them to start and execute the signing process as they see fit.
Adding custom signature fields
Octiv adds a signature block at the very end of your document. If you would like your end user to sign or initial the document in other places follow these steps:
- Click the Variables tab.
- Add specific DocuSign variables to annotate where you would like objects placed throughout your content (for example, a signature box). Octiv currently supports the following variables:
- /s1/ adds a signature field assigned to the signer.
- /i1/ adds an initial field assigned to the signer.
Signing the document
When your clients receive the document, they follow these steps to sign:
- Click Accept. The DocuSign document moves to our acceptance drawer.
- Follow instructions in drawer to view and complete the process.
- Sign the document and fill in the email address. Docusign will remember the signature you use.
- Click the Confirm Signing button.
DocuSign receives the signature first and then contacts Octiv to let us know the document was signed. Octiv pulls down a DocuSign-generated PDF.
Generating E-signable Attachments
DocuSign can generate your attachments into an e-signable document. Follow these steps:
- From the document you want to add attachments to, click Attachments at the bottom of your Table of Contents panel.
- Choose your attachment and upload it.
- Beside your attachment, check the box next to Include with e-signable PDF.
- Repeat Steps 2 and 3 with as many documents as you’d like to attach, making each e-signable or not.
When the client accepts the document, multiple documents appear within the Envelope to sign—first the proposal and then the attachment(s) that DocuSign has made e-signable.
Did this article help?
Please provide us your feedback below.