You can send Salesforce fields into your Octiv documents—and send data from your documents right into Salesforce.
The Incoming Data tool lets you select the fields from Salesforce you want to have available in your Octiv Documents. You can select up to five levels down from the launching object—the maximum that Salesforce allows for data accessed through the API. After you select fields, you can find them in your variables tab when you’re in a document.
A platform administrator can follow these steps to select Salesforce fields that will be pulled into Octiv documents:
- From your Octiv Account Settings view, click Integrations and choose Salesforce.
- Scroll down to Manage Data.
- Under Incoming Data, select the Object that you will be using to launch Octiv documents.
- Check the boxes for your chosen Fields. Find these fields by clicking through Objects. For example, an Opportunity makes these Fields available:
- All Fields that live on the Opportunity Object.
- All Fields related to the Opportunity through a lookup Field (Account, Opportunity Owner, and so on).
- The Opportunity’s child objects (Opportunity Products, Opportunity Contact Roles, and so on). From any child object, you can also drill down to the related fields such as the Description from the product record.
- Click the checkboxes of the fields you wish to have pulled into your document.
- Click Save on every Object that you are selecting Fields from before moving on to the next object. After clicking Save you see a record of each Field, organized by Launching Object.
You run into trouble if you make changes in your Salesforce Org without updating the Incoming Data information in Octiv. Just remember to delete old fields and add new ones in your Octiv account by following the steps above.
Did this article help?
Please provide us your feedback below.