You may want to assign an Octiv document to unique or different objects (usually an opportunity). If your document has already been attached to an object, you do this in two steps, one in Octiv and the other in Salesforce. If you’re assigning a document for the first time, skip right to the Salesforce instructions.
If your document is already attached in Salesforce, you need to follow these steps to add it to a new object:
- Open the document you wish to assign to a different Opportunity.
- Click the Properties tab.
- Scroll down to CRM Integration ID and remove the ID.
Follow these steps to assign your document to your object (Opportunity, in this example):
- Navigate to the Opportunity that you wish to add your document to.
- Click Add Existing Document. If you don’t see this button, [learn how to add it] (https://octiv.com/support/crm-salesforce-adding-buttons-to-objects/).
- Click the checkbox next to the document(s) you want.
- Click Add to Opportunity.
- Click Done Adding. You receive a notification about which documents you successfully added, and you can now find these documents in your list of Octiv documents associated with the Opportunity.
Did this article help?
Please provide us your feedback below.