Connecting your Octiv account with Microsoft Dynamics enables you to build data-driven proposals using opportunities, leads, or contacts. You get the power of a CRM with the simplicity and efficiency of our proposal-building process.
With this integration, you can drive data into a proposal using objects in Microsoft Dynamics, and you can associate content with products in order to create a proposal quickly.
If needed, contact Global Support for additional information on the Microsoft Dynamics integration.
Essentials for Integration
Before you can integrate your Octiv account with Microsoft Dynamics, have the following ready:
- Your Microsoft Dynamics credentials
- The Octiv Managed Package ZIP file
- Read access of Octiv Org Settings
Connecting your integration
Use these steps to connect your Octiv account with Microsoft Dynamics:
- Log into your MS Dynamics account
- Click Microsoft Dynamics CRM at the top left of the screen, then click Settings
- Click Solutions
- Click Import
- Choose the Octiv Managed Package ZIP file
- Click Next -> Import. This will take a few moments to set up
- When setup completes, click Close Note: You don’t need to download log files.
After installation, we recommend you refresh the page so you receive all of the correct tabs along the ribbon.
Configuring your integration
Use these steps to configure your two accounts:
- Return to your Dashboard
- Click the Advanced Find Function
- From the pop-up window, select Octiv Org Settings in the Look For dropdown list
- Click the red exclamation point
- Click new Octiv Org Settings
- In the pop-up window, enter your full Octiv account URL (for example: https://companyname.octiv.com)
- Click Save
- Go to Octiv in the ribbon. You now have a full Octiv menu, including Settings, Library, and Tracking
- Go to your Octiv Settings
- Enter your organization name, user name, and password
- Click Save Changes
Note: Sandbox environments are currently supported for this integration. If you are interested in setting up an Octiv sandbox to connect to a sandbox MS Dynamics org, please contact Global Support for assistance.
Did this article help?
Please provide us your feedback below.