Anchor text tags are hyperlinked words or phrases that, when clicked, take you to a certain place on the same page.
You can use this feature on a single page of content; you cannot have an anchor that links to another page in the document.
Follow these steps to create an anchor text tag:
- Place your cursor in front of the content where you’d like the recipient to land after clicking the related anchor
- Click Insert in the Menu Bar
- Click Anchor
- Name your anchor and click OK (a small anchor appears in your content)
- Place your cursor where you’d like the link to your anchor to go
- From the Insert dropdown menu, click Insert Link. In the pop-up window, you see a field for Anchors
- Select the name of your anchor
- Click OK
Did this article help?
Please provide us your feedback below.