If you’ve integrated DocuSign into your Octiv account, you can require multiple signers to a proposal. And you can specify a signing order for your recipients.
Talk to your account manager if you’d like to integrate DocuSign.
Using the multiple-signer feature
A few things to note about requiring multiple signers:
- When a document has multiple signers, each must use the direct authenticated links to access and accept the document. Going through the document’s login screen enables a signer to review the document but does not give signing access.
- You can add recipients whose signature isn’t required. These recipients have read-only access.
- If you check Require all signers for acceptance, the document is not considered accepted until all signers sign.
- A document’s status changes to decline when any single signer declines.
- The document’s owner gets an email notification when each signer accepts.
Adding multiple signers
Follow these steps to add multiple signers:
- Select the document you wish to add multiple signatures to.
- Click the Document tab.
- Publish your document.
- Click Require All Signers for Acceptance in the Document Properties.
- Click the People tab while in the Build View.
- Click Add New.
- Add your recipients. You have the option to set each as a signer, and to assign each a signing order.
- Add as many recipients as you wish, and set whatever order you want them to sign.
- Email your document from Octiv. If you don’t send it through Octiv, the feature won’t work.
Note: If a proposal includes post-acceptance forms, you’ll see a checkbox when you add signers to control whether that signer can fill out those forms.
Did this article help?
Please provide us your feedback below.