What is Octiv Annotations:
Markups made on a PDF such as text, drawings, shapes, images, or comments
Note: Annotations must be turned on by Octiv
Follow these steps to annotate a PDF:
- Upload the file to the asset library
- Drag the file to the table of contents
- Select the gear icon next to the page name
- Select Annotate – this will reload the page and you will see a new editor appear atop the document
- Click on the pencil icon to activate the annotations mode
- Your document will open in full-screen view to give you more space to annotate
- Use the annotate options on the left to markup your drawing
- Once you are done click on the x icon to exit out (the annotations will save on their own)
- After exiting you will see a banner saying that the page is reloading
- You will see the annotations you made on the embedded pdf
- Download your document (select PDF download) and your annotations will be included in the full document download
Note: If you annotate a PDF file online the annotations will be included in your pdf.
Watch the annotations workflow here:
It may be helpful to see a walk-through this workflow before you give it a try – watch this quick 4-minute video for a quick review.
Did this article help?
Please provide us your feedback below.