Attaching a tag to a document or asset makes it—and similar files that share the tag—easier to find. Octiv gives you default tags, and you can create your own. Users also have the ability to search, by tags, right from within the document. When you use the search bar, you have the ability to see all the tags your administrator used to organize the assets. This also includes the ability to select more than one tag from the pick list to refine your search results.
Attach a tag by following these steps.
- From the document you want to tag, click the Properties tab on the right.
- When you click into the Tags field, your existing Tags appear.
- Click the one you want, or use the field to create a new Tag.
- Your change is autosaved by Octiv.
- From the Assets view, select the asset you wish to Tag.
- Click the pencil icon at the top of the page to open the Editing panel on the right.
- Use the Tags field to add a new Tag or choose from the existing Tags.
- Octiv autosaves your change.
Did this article help?
Please provide us your feedback below.