In the Report Builder, you can sort the rows of a table by any field, using a number of different methods.
To sort a table:
- Click the sort icon. The Sort window appears. If the table is already sorted, the window shows the fields that are used.
- To add a field to sort on, double-click the field in Available Fields.
- The Available Fields panel now lists only fields that are not already in Sort On.
- Select one or more fields to sort by. You can also use Ctrl-click to select multiple fields.
- Click the right-facing arrow icon to Add Fields.
- To arrange the sorting precedence of the fields, select each field in the Sort window and click Move to top, Move up, Move down, or Move to bottom.
- To Remove a Field, select it and click the left-facing arrow icon.
- Click OK. The table updates to display the rows sorted by the selected fields.
You can also sort a table using the following methods:
- Right-click a field in the Fields section of the Data Source Selection panel, and select Use for Sorting from the context menu. In this case, the table is sorted by a field that isn’t in the table; you may want to note the sorting fields in the title.
- Right-click a column header on the Canvas of the Report View panel, and select Use for Sorting from the context menu.
If a column is already being used and you want to stop using it or change the sorting, right-click the column and select Change Sorting from the context menu.
Did this article help?
Please provide us your feedback below.