You can change the size of, and spaces between, columns to manage the appearance of your table, to use space more efficiently.
Select the columns you want to adjust by clicking anywhere in the column.
To resize a column:
- In the Report View panel, click to select the column you want to resize.
- Move the cursor to the right edge of the column.
- When the cursor changes to the resize icon (a double-ended arrow), click and drag the column edge right or left until the column is the needed size.
Spacers can be added to a table to arrange columns farther apart or add margins to a table.
To change the spacing between columns:
- In the Data Source Selection panel, in the Measures section, click Spacer.
- Drag the spacer into the Columns box in the Layout Band between names of the two columns you want to move apart. A spacer column appears in the table.
- Repeat this action to add space between each of the columns.
- To remove a spacer, right-click the spacer column and select Remove from Table.
To use spacers to create table margins:
- In the Data Source Selection panel, click to select Spacer.
- Drag the spacer into the Columns box in the Layout Band.
- Repeat as needed until the margins are as wide as needed.
- Repeat the steps above, adding the spacer to the right edge of the table.
Did this article help?
Please provide us your feedback below.