After you create a compelling table, chart, or crosstab, you can save the view in the repository for future use.
To save a Report view:
- Hover your mouse over the save icon.
- Select Save Ad Hoc View or Save Ad Hoc View As.
- Name the view as needed, and click Save. The view is now saved in the repository.
You can also save an Custom Report Builder View as a report. Typically, a report is created when you want to:
- See data in the interactive report viewer.
- Perform additional formatting of the table data.
- Embed the data content into a dashboard.
Create a report from the view by selecting Save Ad Hoc View and Create Report; you can also create and run a report directly from the repository. For more information, see Running or Creating a Simple Report.
A note about dependent reports
When you create a report from a Custom Report view, the report is considered dependent on that view. When you save a Custom Report view its dependent reports are not updated. For example, if you open an Report view in the Editor and add a column to it, that column will not show up in previous reports created from that view. In such a case, you may want to save the updated view with a different filename to avoid confusion.
Did this article help?
Please provide us your feedback below.